Updated: Apr 19, 2019
Did you know Instagram has over one billion active monthly users and over 500 million daily users?
When it comes to engagement, instagram actually drives the most engagement per post compared to any social network–84 times more than Twitter, 54 times more than Pinterest and 10 times more than Facebook. So if you are looking to meet more clients, influence, network, or market—you are going to want learn instagram.
For realtors specifically, Instagram makes for a great social media platform because:
1. It’s highly visual and shows off your listings
Instagram is a natural fit for realtors to post amazing images of their properties, video walkthroughs, and other tidbits buyers want to know.
2. You’ll see precisely who likes your posts so you can reach out directly to potential leads and your existing customer base
On average, realtors see 10 times more engagement on their Instagram posts than from Facebook.
3. The Instagram crowd has more money.
According to Statista, Instagram users earn higher salaries than those on Facebook and Twitter so they may be more qualified buyers.
4. Hashtags are the new SEO.
You can rank higher in an Instagram search with the right hashtags than you may be ranking with your traditional SEO approach to search results pages.
5. The more you post, the more engagement and traffic you’ll score
Thanks to the Instagram algorithms, your recent posts with the most likes will jump to the top of your users’ feeds, so your posts are likely to be viewed and interacted with more often.
6. It’s free event marketing
Use it for all your happy hour parties, open houses, and other meetups where awareness is crucial for attendance.
7. It’s a goldmine for referrals
Clients will want to keep up with you and refer your services to their network of friends, family, and coworkers. Your clients can tag their Instagram friends on your listings to spread the work to those who don’t follow your account.
8. You don’t have to compete with Traditional online real estate hubs Like Zillow, Realtor.com, or Trulia.
9. It’s a great place to target millennials.
A study by the National Association of Homebuilders found that oVer 90% of millenials want to own a home – they’re just more willing to wait until they find a home that fits their lifestyle.